Eastside Community Heritage
Eastside Community Heritage seeks to build, service and enable partnerships which record, document and preserve the experiences of different communities, through the provision of social, cultural, educational and historical activities. Our methodology incorporates education and training, with schools, families and adult learners. Eastside produces exhibitions, publications and multi media stimuli which are an opportunity for all cultures and age ranges to engage in a proactive discovery of their own and their community’s history, culture and heritage. The organisation is an accredited cultural heritage training centre, specialising in Oral History – NVQ Level 1, 2 and 3.
Recruiting for Community Heritage Leader Traineeship
We are seeking to recruit two trainees on our Community Heritage Leader Traineeship. This is an exciting project, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, aimed at training individuals to take on leadership roles within the Heritage Sector. Trainees will undergo a twelve month training and work experience programme covering a broad range of Heritage (including Oral History), management and project development skills, and will also undertake the Level 3 qualification in Cultural Heritage.
- Trainee will receive a £13,500 training bursary over 12 months and uundertake the Level 3 qualification in Cultural Heritage
- Hours: 35 hours per week for 1 year (52 weeks) flexible including some weekends
- Closing Date: 5pm Friday 25th November 2016
- Interviews: First week in December 2016
- Start date: second week in January 2017 TBC