Havering | Barking & Dagenham | Greenwich | Newham | Bexley
- To understand where and how people used to work
- To explain how people work today
- What work do your family do?
- Where do they work?
- Do they wear special work clothes?
Listen to the two audio extracts
Click Here to download the transcript of this audio.
- What work did Thomas do?
- Would you like to have Thomas’ job?
Please explain your answers
How Beckton would have looked in 1746
From coal to gas
Imagine you work with Thomas Brooks
Each table will write a story using one of the five senses:
Produce a poster that describes in words and
your family work.
- The hours that they work
- The clothes that they wear at work
- What they like about their work