Havering | Barking & Dagenham | Greenwich | Newham | Bexley
- To understand where and how people used to work
- To explain how people work today
- What work do your family do?
- Where do they work?
- Do they wear special work clothes?
Listen to the two audio extracts
- What work did Mary do?
- Would you like to have Mary’s job?
Describe working here, focusing on one of your five senses:
Fabrics are made from two main types of fibres:
- Natural fibres – from a natural source, such as plants and animals
- Synthetic fibres – are man-made from chemicals.
CHECK THE LABEL
What are your
clothes made from?
Where would you get your clothes from?
Each table will write a paragraph of more than 4 lines from the following subjects:
- What type of fibres?
- Made in which country?
- Where did you buy them?
- Why are there different styles of clothes?
- Would you like to make clothes?
Be ready to explain your answers to the rest of the class
Produce a poster that describes in words and
pictures where your family get their clothes.
- The hours that they work
- The clothes that they wear at work
- What they like about their work