Havering | Barking & Dagenham | Greenwich | Newham | Bexley
- To understand where and how people used to work
- To explain how people work today
- What work do your family do?
- Where do they work?
- Do they wear special work clothes?
Watch the video and listen carefully.
- What job did John Atkins have?
- Think of one reason why you would like to do his job and one reason why you would not!
From coal to gas
Alfred Payne working at the Tar works.
Look at this photograph.
Use your five senses to describe working at the Gasworks.
Why would you go there?
Imagine you work at the Docks
Describe the differences between the site of the Gas Company and the O2 Arena.
- What do they provide?
- Why do people go there?
- Who works there?
Produce a poster that describes in words and
your family work.
- The hours that they work
- The clothes that they wear at work
- What they like about their work